Saturday, September 13, 2014

CORY STRAND "SONIC SEASONINGS: A REINTERPRETATION" CDr (AOW 228)

It's been awhile since I've worked with any Wendy Carloes material, so I thought i'd resume my attempt at transforming one of her most oblique and strange albums, "Sonic Seasonings."  I had tried, quite unsuccessfully, to work with these pieces around the time I was making my "Beauty In The Beast" rework; the pieces on "Sonic Seasonings" seemed to large and unwieldy for me to really transform them in any significant or interesting way. 
This time, rather than working with the album's four suites separately, I bled them all together as one epic piece, and based my manipulations on that.  The result is an epic piece of microtonal drift, full of glacial changes in tone, mood, texture and atmosphere; I feel what i've done with this record aptly reflects Carlos' original vision of darkness and unease spread throughout a year.
Packaged in a DVD case in a limited edition of 5 hand-numbered copies.  $10 ppd. in the United States, $23 rest of world.

ORDER HERE: www.altarofwasterecords.storenvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment