Sunday, July 20, 2014

"BLUE VELVET" COMPILATION UPDATE

It's been forever since i've mentioned this, but I finally have some news to share regarding this long-gestating project.  The good news: some of the work i've received for this comp is finally going to be released.  The bad news: it is no longer an ultra-fancy box set.
I've decided to go ahead and begin releasing some of the tracks i've received in a manner similar to the "Twelve Suicides" and "Into An Infinite Black" series: fold over covers in clear plastic bags.  Why the change?  I think i made the restrictions/instructions for the original box set a little too complicated: some of the participants gave me two tracks as asked, but some people only gave me one, and I think it was because I was being a little too ambitious and perhaps unclear with my intentions.  It was also incredibly difficult to coordinate such a large undertaking, and it was silly of me to think that i could work with 20 different artists' time frames.  And people kept dropping out.  It just wasn't feasible.  But i received some good work from some awesome artists, and I hate to have it just sitting on a hard drive going unheard.
Along with this change comes some more good news: I am now going to make this an endless/ongoing series, with a completely open submission policy.  If you would like to participate in this compilation, please feel free to submit your track(s) to me at:

corystrand@gmail.com

The track should be inspired by David Lynch's film "Blue Velvet."  That's my only requirement, aside from the following stipulations: all of the artwork and layouts will be done by me, and there is NO artist info on any of the releases (meaning no website addresses, recording info, etc.)-just the name of the project and the track titles.  Very minimalist.  Each participating artist will receive artist copies.
The first few installments should be out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment